BUY TICKETS
Dear visitors! Please note that the model of the frigate "Pallada" (the ship on the second floor of the Main Building) is temporarily under reconstruction. For safety reasons, we ask you and your children not to climb on the ship while it is being renovated.

Givers

Since the museum was founded, its collections have been enlarged by all kinds of people - officials and soldiers, merchants and petty bourgeoisie.

An important role in the formation of collections played the governors-general of Priamursk N.I. Grodekov and N.L. Gondatti. They initiated scientific expeditions to hard-to-reach areas of the Far East. The museum's collections were formed by such famous scientists and explorers as
P.P. Shimkevich, Yu.A. Sem, P.P. Kuzmin, V.K. Arseniev, A.P. Okladnikov, V.P. Sysoev.

By the beginning of the twentieth century, the Grodekovsky Museum in Khabarovsk "attracted the attention of all donors" and quickly became the leading museum of the Amur region.

The first chairman of the Amur department of the Imperial Russian Geographical Society, an honorary citizen of Khabarovsk since 1902, Nikolai Ivanovich Grodekov brought to the museum a complete collection of postage stamps, unused states and colonies of East Asia, a collection of watches, Chinese headdresses, Chinese genre sculpture, a collection of birds of the Philippine Islands. 

Governor General Nikolai L. Gondatti donated to the museum rich ethnographic, paleontological and natural-historical collections of the Anadyr region, Chinese teapots of the early twentieth century.

By order of the Governor-General of Priamursk Sergey Mikhailovich Dukhovsky, two complete sea cow skeletons found on Bering Island, being of great value, were excavated and in 1897, 1898 were delivered to a museum. Subsequently, one of them was sold to the Paris Natural History Museum, and the proceeds went toward the completion of the museum building in Khabarovsk.

The commander of the 1st Siberian army corps Nikolai Petrovich Linevich (the future Governor general of Priamursk) sent to the museum from Beijing "metal tall clock with music", made in the late 18th - early 19th centuries in England.

The famous ethnographer P.P. Shimkevich donated to the Khabarovsk Museum in the early 20th century a large ethnographic collection of 400 items.

The pride of the museum is the collections collected by V.K. Arsenyev, including the largest complex of sevans - protectors of the Udege shaman from the river Kusun.

Saven Defender Complex

In the Soviet period, the museum received donations of items from the families of residents of various settlements, which the museum staff visited during ethnographic expeditions. But since the 1980s, Khabarovsk residents began to actively participate in replenishing the museum's collections. These were both single items and whole family collections.

In 1985 Maya Nikolaevna Wang In-Zun presented the museum with the American phonograph "Victrola" - the first "musical center" of 1904. This self-playing musical instrument, produced by patent in China in 1906, was presented to Maya Nikolaevna's father - Nikolai Ivanovich Wang In-Zun, the Commissioner of the 4th department of the Main Department of the Ministry of National Security and Administration for the Far Eastern Territory, a Chinese by birth, for his faithful service to the Fatherland.

In October 1990, Nina Aleksandrovna Vasikova (born 1928) donated a collection of 120 items from her family. The collection includes nineteenth-century cutlery, crockery, a unique carved cabinet, family photographs, and much more..

In the early 1990s, a unique collection of icons: "St. George the Victorious," "Resurrection with the Twelve Great Feasts," "Lord Almighty," "The Holy Apostle James and the Holy Martyr Matrona," "The Image of Our Lady of Tikhvin" in a silver case; and books: "The Psalter, the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John," "The Official" and "The Hourglass" were given to the museum.

The story of the appearance of an American-made arithmometer in the Grodekov Museum is touching. This table-top calculator, designed to perform four operations, was donated to the museum by Yury Vladimirovich Ivanov from Khabarovsk. It was brought to Khabarovsk by the son of the donor in 2015. While visiting San Jose, California, he met an American woman, Vickie Freitas, who has Russian-Polish roots. She felt sorry for him and asked him to donate the arithmometer her mother used to use to the Russian museum.

The museum has a tradition of honoring donors and thanking them for the donations of dear to our hearts "pieces of the past.

Since 1999, the museum has had a tradition of honoring donors and thanking them for the donations of dear to our hearts "pieces of the past. Gathering traditionally at the museum for the Donors' Day, the main heroes of the holiday do not forget about the museum and continue to actively participate in the replenishment of its collections.

If you want to pass on household items (clothing, dishes, furniture, appliances, toys, souvenirs), please contact our historians:

  • Averina Anna Nikolaevna

Head of the Research Department of History

  • Shestakov Alexei Vyacheslavovich

Senior Researcher in the Research Department of History

8 (4212) 477-210

Items on the ethnography of indigenous peoples of the Far East, the Asia-Pacific region can be given to the staff:

  • Galina Teodorovna Titoreva

Head of the Research Department of Ethnography

8 (4212) 477-215

Subjects related to the history of art and literature (books, programs, paintings, graphics) to the staff of the research sector of cultural and literary studies:

  • Belkina Marina Vladimirovna

Head of Sector

  • Natalya Petrovna Grebenyukova

Senior Scientist

  • Natalya Alekseevna Ruban

Senior Scientist

8 (4212) 477-179

If you want to hand over stuffed animals, moulages of animals, herbaria, the staff of the research department of nature will work with you:

  • Novomodny Evgeny Vladimirovich
  • Senior researcher 8 (4212) 477-214

Archaeological collections are accepted by specialists of the research laboratory of archaeology and paleogeography:

  • Anna Borisovna Shipovalova
  • Head of Laboratory

8 (4212) 477-233

Contacts for donors

Natalia Sergeevna Pozina
Deputy General Director for Scientific and Exhibition Work
Anna Stanislavovna Belykh
Chief custodian
BUY TICKETS
Khabarovsk,
Shevchenko st., 11
look at the map
Mon: Day off
Tues-Whs: 10:00-18:00
Sanitation Day:
last Friday of the month
Buy tickets