Consecration of the building
The celebration of the consecration of the entire museum building took place on August 1, 1900, and was timed to coincide with the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the planting of the Russian flag at the mouth of the Amur River.

The new director, Semyon Nikolaevich Vankov, purchased 10 ancient fortress cannons for the museum and collected additional donations to complete the museum. Under him, a fence was built around the museum from the cannons buried in the ground and the original lattice, which has not survived to this day.

Exhibit halls with an area of 1,160 square meters freely accommodate systematized collections. The museum has rightly become "an ornament of Khabarovsk and the most extensive depository in the Amur region.
Celebration of the consecration of the museum building on August 1, 1900
V.K. Arsenyev's contribution to the development of the museum
"The "Arsenyevsky" period in the history of the museum was truly its "golden age.

It was Arseniev who laid the main directions in the museum's work, which brought it fame and which are the essence of its activities to this day.

Annual expeditions became a source of replenishment of museum collections. Arseniev united scientific forces of Khabarovsk and the Amur region. He considered the museum business as nation-wide, attracting public activists to collect collections.
Arsenyev with museum staff
The postwar period
After the war, funds were found for the current repairs of the building, renovation of exhibitions, reconciliation of the availability of funds.

In 1946, the inhabitants of the region had the opportunity to get acquainted with the new exposition of the department of socialist construction.

At the same time, an expedition was organized to survey the sites in the upper reaches of the Khor, which resulted in the museum funds received 150 ethnographic objects and a herbarium of 200 plant species.
Museum exhibition halls
New Beginnings of V.P. Sysoev
The director of the Khabarovsk museum is a well-known in the region biologist and hunter-biologist, writer Vsevolod Petrovich Sysoyev.

Without changing the structure of the museum, V.P. Sysoev introduced new beginnings in the work of the museum. A small staff, inspired by the ideas of renewal, did a lot of work on the reexposition of all the departments.

Museum collection was enriched by such valuable and integral to the current image of the museum exhibits such as the coat of arms of the Russian Empire, ethnographic collection of Slavic settlers, Himalayan bear's den with its inhabitant, the trunk of a thousand-year yew, and many others.
Himalayan Bear Lair
Panorama of the Battle of Volochayev
In 1975, a new building with the total area of 1,650 square meters was added to the main building. It housed a unique panorama, The Battle of Volochayev, made by an employee of the Grekov Studio of Military Artists (Moscow) Andrei Gorpenko and the battle-painter Sergei Agapov.

As a result of active work with visitors, the rapid development of domestic tourism has increased the attendance of the Khabarovsk Krai Museum - 200 thousand people a year. The museum became an object of demonstration for the highest, government-level guests, who visited the region in the 60-80s of the twentieth century.
Updating the museum
Historical name returned to the museum
In 1994 - the year of the museum's centenary - Grodekov's name was returned to the museum. In 1996, for the first time the scientific conference "Grodekov Readings" was held.

In 2000, the museum was accredited as a scientific institution by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Russian Federation. The Khabarovsk Krai Nature exposition was updated, and new expositions devoted to the ethnography of the indigenous peoples of the Amur Region and the events of the Civil War in the Russian Far East were created.

In 1998, in a freestanding building, a monument of federal importance "B.P. Lubben House", the Museum of Archaeology began its work. At the same time, the Children's Museum Center was opened.
Order approving the official name
years of the museum
495 000
storage units
195 500
people a year visit the museum
days a year the museum is open
From our collection
6 кп 2409.
The Russian Empire, the Amur region. The 2nd half of the 19th century.
HCM KP 2409
в слайдер на главную 2
Germany. Con. XVIII-beginning of XIX c.
KP 5800
USSR, Khabarovsk. 1970s. The USSR, Khabarovsk. 1970s.
HCM KP 13238/46
China, Manchuria(?). 2nd half of the 19th century.
KM KP 4473
Russian Empire, Priamurie. XIX c.
HCM KP 8068
Our Collection
To evaluate the terms of services use QR code or go to reference.
Shevchenko st., 11
look at the map
Mon: Day off
Tues-Whs: 10:00-18:00
Sanitation Day:
last Friday of the month
Buy tickets