Museum of Archeology
86 Turgeneva st.
Museum of Archaeology is located in the former house of the merchant of the 2nd guild Bernard Petrovich Lubben.
Of all the buildings that belonged to Lubben, this particular house is of the greatest interest. Compact in plan, the rectangular volume with a gable roof faces Turgenev Street with an extended façade. The main compositional trick on the facades is to combine the red color of the brickwork of the walls with the grey stuccoed rustication of the window piers. The decorative plasticity concentrated in the undercabinet and in the window frames is typical for the Eclectic period in architecture. However, the unknown author of the building was also well acquainted with the stylistic subtleties of Art Nouveau. On the facade of the building in the central part there is a letter "L" - the initial letter of the surname of the former owner of the house, merchant Lubben - according to Khabarovsk ethnographer A. M. Zhukov. If this assumption is correct, then this detail was completed later, because originally the building did not belong to Lubben.
In the first year of the new government "Revolutionary-Democratic Court" was located here, then a two-storey building on Turgenevskaya Street was transferred to the management of the road transport department of the OGPU. In 1925-1926 the offices of Dalzoloto trust and some other organizations were located in the two-storey house. In 1939 the trust opened here a school of mining apprenticeship for training specialists in gold mining. Then at different times the building was the location of the city recruitment office, the city council of the Society of militarists, the executive committee of the central district, the museum of Russian toys, and since 1980 - the museum of Komsomol fame.
In 1997, the building was transferred to the museum of local history, where the museum of archeology was opened in 1998 and is located to this day. In 2013-2014, the facade of the building was repaired, during which the iron stairs from the time when the building was built were cut off. A part of this staircase and its paddles are stored in the Museum of Archaeology as a memory of more than a century of the building's history. At the same time an annexe was made to the museum from the side of the brewery, where the Archeology Museum research laboratory was located, and a unique interactive exhibition "Underground Labyrinths" was installed in the garage of the building. Nowadays the building at 86 Turgeneva Street is valuable as an interesting example of a town house. It is an architectural monument of federal (all-Russian) importance.